iTouch Sure Including Probe - Pelvic Floor Exerciser
iTouch Sure Including Probe - Pelvic Floor Exerciser
Bladder weakness is not a normal part of the aging process, nor should it be simply accepted as a normal part of life after childbirth. Bladder weakness is a treatable condition and shouldn't simply be 'managed' through the use of containment pads.
A safe, drug-free, non-surgical solution, the iTouch Sure Pelvic Floor Exerciser provides freedom from the use of containment pads and can help sufferers return to a more normal lifestyle.
The iTouch Sure Pelvic Floor Exerciser is simple and easy to use, with digital controls and 4 preset programs which have been clinically tested to provide long-term relief from incontinence.
The iTouch Sure sends a gentle stimulation to your pelvic floor through a vaginal probe, working your pelvic floor muscle for you and enabling you to develop your own muscle control.
- Along with pelvic floor exercises, the iTouch Sure gently strengthens and tones your pelvic floor muscle which in-turn improves the symptoms of incontinence (bladder weakness).
- Treatment sessions last for just 20 minutes a day and can be easily scheduled into your daily routine - whether it's whilst watching TV, reading in bed or just having some time to relax.
- Suggested treatment time is for a period of 12 weeks, however many women see significant results in as little as 3-4 weeks.
- After the inital treatment period, the 'Tone' programme should be used for 20 minutes a day, for just one day a week to maintain the condition of your strengthened pelvic floor.
Key features of the iTouch Sure Pelvic Floor Exerciser include:
- One Touch Memory – remembers the last program, strength and setting used
- LED Backlit Screen – easy-to-use, modern, colour screen for clearer visibility
- Optional Programmes – 4 preset programs for optimal choice
- Comfortable Stimulation – gentle, comfortable stimulation with fine-tune adjustment settings for different levels of intensity
- Safety Duration Override – unit will turn off after 20 minutes to ensure the pelvic floor muscle is not overworked
- Discreet Probes – comes with a specifically designed probe for ease of use
The iTouch Sure provides relief from 3 forms of incontinence:
Stress Incontinence describes the involuntary leakage of urine when a person coughs, sneezes, strains or makes sudden movements. It is particularly common in women and occurs when the bladder neck and the other mechanisms that act to hold urine in the bladder are not working properly.
Urge Incontinence describes an overactive bladder. A person may experience a strong and sudden urge to go to the toilet but are not always able to hold on, or have to go so frequently that it becomes inconvenient.
Mixed Incontinence is a combination of both Stress and Urge Incontinence.
Advantages of using the iTouch Sure:
• It can reduce leakage – not simply contain it. Most women see significant results in as little as 3 weeks.
• It is drug-free with no side effects.
• It is safe and easy to use with preset programmes to suit your needs.
• It is discreet and can be used at home during your own time.
• It may help to avoid surgery
• It may improve sexual intimacy by toning your pelvic floor.
CAUTIONS AND WARNINGS (Please read instruction manual carefully before use)
Do NOT use the iTouch Sure under the following circumstances:
• With the optional self adhesive pads if you have a heart pacemaker or have a heart rhythm problem. Stimulation in the direct vicinity of a pacemaker may affect some models. Stimulation on the front of the neck can affect your heart rate. Very strong stimulation across the chest may cause an extra heartbeat.
• If you have been diagnosed or treated for cervical cancer. In vitro experiments have shown that electricity can promote cell growth.
• If you have or have had epilepsy. TENS may affect seizure threshold.
• If you are pregnant. It is not known whether electrical stimulation may affect foetal development.
• When driving, operating machinery, or similar actions needing fine control, loose pads, damaged leads, or sudden changes in contact may cause brief involuntary muscle movements.
• Within 12 weeks of surgery in the area. Scars should be fully healed before use.
If in doubt, consult your physician
Before use, please read the following warnings:
• Incontinence can have many causes. You should try to identify the type of incontinence and the cause before using the iTouch Sure.
• If you have a urinary infection or any skin irritations within the vagina, it is recommended not to use the iTouch Sure.
• Care must be taken if you are not experiencing normal sensation or feeling in your vagina.
• If you have prolapse or any discomfort occurs when inserting the probe, consult your medical advisor before use.
NB: You may safely use the stimulator during menstruation, although it may be a little less comfortable.
• Observe caution when using the ITouch Sure at the same time as being connected to monitoring equipment with body worn electrode pads it may interfere with the signals being monitored.
• Strong electromagnetic fields (electrosurgery/microwave cookers/mobile phones) may affect the correct operation of this unit. If it appears to behave unusually, move it away from these devices.
• Use caution following recent surgical procedures. Stimulation may disrupt the healing process.
• Simultaneous connection to high frequency surgical equipment may result in burns and damage to the stimulator.
• The stainless steel in the probes contains some nickel.