Rapid test for qualitative detection of d-dimer in whole blood, capillary blood or plasma specimens, and new: edta-blood and citrate blood!
- D-Dimer is a fibrin degradation product, a small protein fragment present in the blood after a blood clot is degraded by fibrinolysis.
- This test enables the preclusion of a pulmonary embolism, deep venous thrombosis or disseminated intravascular coagulation.
- Sensitivity: 500 ng/ml.
- Results after 10 minutes.
- Storage: 2 - 30 °C, do not freeze.
- Single dropper bottle for the buffer solution, so there is no possibility of transmission and there is sufficient reagents for each cassette.
Important Note: With patients that have acute chest pain and shortness of breath a higher D-Dimer value and the absence of typical cardiac marker changes indicate a pulmonary embolism.